VISTA Institute utilizes an array of different learning formats that focus on competence and performance of our clinician/learners. The curriculum is designed through the guidance provided by the VISTA Institute Education Council.
The educational formats include:
- Lectures focusing on the most updated evidence-based knowledge in every topic to be covered in each educational program. These include risk assessment, diagnosis, case selection, material selection, rationale for therapy, therapeutic protocol, complications, and pre-op and post-op care.
- Lecture formats include live as well as recorded on-demand presentations
- Simulated exercises, using realistic custom-designed anatomic models, animal specimens and cadavers. These simulated exercises are aimed at teaching learners clinical techniques that can enhance clinical competence and performance. These exercises also provide an opportunity for the faculty to provide guidance and feedback to the clinician-learners that can ultimately improve the care they will provide to their patients.
- Live clinical care demonstrations. The live surgical and/or prosthetic care demonstrations are intended to provide clinician-learners an opportunity to participate in implementation of the knowledge and protocols discussed and practiced during simulated exercises in a real-time care of patient.
In addition, VISTA Institute offers flexible participation formats to accommodate all clinicians.
All participants will have access to all online course resources, which can be accessed on-demand, including:
- Lectures on background, scientific evidence and clinical case management
- Clinical videos demonstrating surgical and prosthetic protocols
- References: PDF files of publications and manuals
- Material list
Live In-Person Education:
Lectures and Hands-On Workshop
We have taken extraordinary measures to ensure the safety of all participants:
- Attendance is strictly limited to allow physical distancing
- “Surgically Clean Air” filtration system available
- Masks will be required at all times
- No food or beverage consumption will be allowed within the institute
- All breaks will take place outside
Remote Live Synchronous Education:
Lectures and Hands-On Workshop
Participants will have access to all online educational resources and will participate in all live sessions. Recordings of live lectures will be made available for later reference.
All instruments and workshop material will be shipped to participants to allow completion of all simulated exercises at participants’ homes or offices. The workshops can be completed synchronously during live sessions, where live feedback can be requested from the instructor. Alternatively, recordings can be watched on-demand for completion or repeat of workshop exercises.
Remote Live Synchronous Education: Lecture Only
Participants will have access to all didactic educational material, including live participation in lectures, live surgeries, and watching the hands-on exercises. Recordings of live lectures will be made available for later reference.
Remote Asynchronous Education: Lectures and Hands-On Workshop
Participants will have access to all online educational material and can access the material as on-demand basis.
All instruments and workshop material will be shipped to participants to allow completion of all simulated exercises at participants’ homes or offices.
Remote Live Asynchronous Education: Lecture Only
Participants will have access to all online educational material and can access the material (lectures, live surgeries and watching the hand-on exercises) as on-demand basis.
Transforming Your Practice
Uncovering and addressing the educational needs of our clinician-learners is the fuel that drives our educational programs. One of the goals of the VISTA institute is to use education to close the gaps identified in the practice of our clinician-learners and their care team to help them transform their current practice into the best practice. In our experience, there are three areas that need to be addressed in transforming one’s practice:
- Knowledge: it is essential that the diagnostic and therapeutic protocols of every practice are continuously updated, based on best available evidence. Acquiring the latest information will empower clinicians and their team to improve practice efficiency, quality of care and patient outcomes.
- Competence: Our programs seek to address the competence-based needs of our learners with offering better approaches, clear guideline and protocols to help close this gap.
- Performance: we aim to address the educational needs of our learners with guidance, feedback, and training on their performance to help close this gap.
The curriculum for our educational programs always starts with identifying the educational need of our learners (knowledge, competence or performance), and devising the best method for achieving change. Each program provides the latest evidence-based information, guidelines and protocols. Simulated exercises and live surgery demonstrations are essential components to ensure enhancement of the competence and performance of our learners.
Conflict of Interest
The faculty and members of the VISTA Institute education council commit to full transparency and will declare any potential conflicts of interest for each educational event to the participants.