Peri-Implant Soft Tissue Management
Peri-implant bone has been long considered the most critical factor for long-term maintenance of dental implant health. Peri-implant soft tissues have frequently been regarded to be important for aesthetics of implant-supported restorations. However, recent evidence has demonstrated the significance of the quantity and quality of peri-implant tissues. A decision tree will be presented for soft tissue augmentation needs. A variety of soft tissue augmentation procedures have been employed for augmentation of peri-implant mucosal deficiencies. The vestibular incision subperiosteal tunnel access (VISTA) is suited for peri-implant soft tissue augmentation. The hands-on workshop will provide participants with practical experiences with protocols used for peri-implant soft tissue augmentation. The live surgery demonstration will illustrate the complete protocol.
- Identification of peri-implant mucosal deficiencies and relationship to outcome
- Risk Assessment: Patient and site characteristics
- Management of patient/site risks
- Aesthetic assessment and planning
- Evidence of efficacy of soft tissue augmentation in promoting peri-implant tissue stability
- Keratinized mucosa vs. mucosal thickness: Which is more important?
- Biology of wound healing of peri-implant mucosa
- Peri-implant mucosal recession: Prevention and treatment
- Interdental papilla management and augmentation
- Pontic contour augmentation
- Mucosal augmentation around extraction sockets
- Material selection:
- Autogenous: Methods and location of harvesting
- Xenogeneic collagen matrix
- Allogenic acellular dermal matrix
- Platelet rich fibrin (PRF):
- Biology, protocol
- Liquid and solid matrix PRF
- Functionalization of tissue substitutes with PRF
- Flap design for various soft tissue augmentation techniques
- Suture techniques to stabilize tissue
- Soft tissue management:
- Vestibular incision subperiosteal tunnel access (VISTA)
- Connective tissue graft
- Free gingival graft
- Significance of vestibular depth:
- Fibrin immobilization vestibular extension (FIVE)
Pre- and post-operative care:
- Antibiotics and antiseptics
- Anti-inflammatory agents
This course offers flexible educational format to accommodate all clinicians
All participants will have access to all online course resources, which can be accessed on-demand, including:
- Lectures on background, scientific evidence and clinical case management
- Clinical videos demonstrating surgical and prosthetic protocols
- References: PDF files of publications and manuals
- Material list
Live In-Person Education:
We have taken extraordinary measures to ensure the safety of all participants:
- Attendance is strictly limited to allow physical distancing
- Surgically clean air filtration system
- Masks will be required
- No food or beverage consumption will be allowed within the institute
- All breaks will take place outside
Remote Live Synchronous Education: Lectures and Hands-On Workshop
Participants will have access to all online educational resources and will participate in all live sessions. Recordings of live lectures will be made available for later reference.
All instruments and workshop material will be shipped to participants to allow completion of all simulated exercises at participants’ home or office. The workshops can be completed synchronously during live sessions, where live feedback can be requested from the instructor. Alternatively, recordings can be watched on-demand for completion or repeat of workshop exercises.
Remote Live Synchronous Education: Lecture Only
Participants will have access to all educational material, including live participation in lectures, live surgeries and watching the hands-on exercises.
Remote Asynchronous Education: Lectures and Hands-On Workshop
Participants will have access to all online educational material and can access the material on an on-demand basis.
All instruments and workshop material will be shipped to participants to allow completion of all simulated exercises at participants’ homes or offices.
Remote Live Asynchronous Education: Lecture Only
Participants will have access to all online educational material and can access the material (lectures, live surgeries and watching the hand-on exercises) on an on-demand basis.
$995 Live In-Person: Lecture + Workshop
$895 Remote Learning: Lecture + Workshop
$595 Remote Learning: Lectures Only
- 4 hours of on-demand online education
- 8 hours of live lecture + hands-on workshop and live surgery demonstration
- Live event: Saturday, August 7, 2021
- Tuition bundle: register for August 7 (peri-implant soft tissue management) and Aug 8 (Peri-implantitis) courses and receive 20% discount. Select course bundle option when registering.
Simulated Workshop and Live Surgery
- VISTA treatment of peri-implant mucosal deficiencies
- Contour augmentation
- Donor tissue harvesting techniques
- Lateral palate tissue harvesting
- Tuberosity tissue harvesting and processing
- Fibrin/collagen immobilization vestibular extension (FIVE)